Monday, May 22, 2006

Tuesday's Fun Point to Ponder: Dix's "Secure" Commercial

I know I've been a bit remiss lately about disucussing each candidate's commercials. Braley, Dix, and Whalen all have multiple commercials on the air right now, and Dickinson began airing one last week too. Gluba doesn't have one on that I've seen, and Kennedy has been sticking to his same old Cowboy ad.

However, I did take a peek recently at Dix's commercial page. He has now had four different TV spots on the air. While I hear the latest is a pretty good attack on Mike Whalen, I can't seem to view it, though I wait with great anticipation.

Dix did have one ad that did pique my interest, however. His third ad, titled "Secure" provides some humor, if you've been following the race closely.

See, this ad is about illegal immigration and border security. Now there are many points of contention that Dix's opponents may have with the content of this ad. I though, found just one small bit of the visuals they used to be entertaining. Perhaps this goes back to the competence of Dix and his advisors (yeah yeah yeah maybe it was the reporter...come on guys, lighten up).

If you've been following the illegal immigration saga driving the GOP primary, you know that Bill Dix's great plan to stop illegal immigration from Day 1 of the campaign, aside from "doing whatever it takes" of course, is to build a fence or a wall along our border.

Now, remember that and watch the "Secure" ad closely. About halfway through the ad, Dix shows a full-screen shot of footage of illegals doing what to get into America?

Yes, that's right...climbing the fence and entering illegally.

Who's in charge of the message over there anyway?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would have guessed that Dix would be the first one to go negative on TV? I thought he was supposed to be the nice guy.

5:43 AM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wheels on Bill's Bus come off off off, off off off, off off off. The Wheels on Bill's Bus come off off off, all around the district.

7:31 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Scoop Iowa said...

Like I said, I can't speak about my thoughts on Dix's latest ad as I have not yet seen it. I will say though, that I'll be curious to see what Whalen responds with. These two guys both have a lot of money, so it could be a never-ending negative fight from now until Primary Day if they play it that way.

7:34 AM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home