Friday, March 17, 2006

Comments of No Value Go Here Please

First of all, let me say I post on what I read/see/hear in the news, on TV, on other blogs, or in comments. As I noted earlier, commenters have been feeding Scoop some stuff on Mike Whalen...see for yourself in posts below. If someone gives me a tip on Dix, I'd follow up. If someone gives me a tip on Kennedy, I'd follow up. If someone would give me a tip on any Democrat, I'd follow up. It is all part of being fair. I can't help it if I get more anti-Whalen tips than anything else. Apparently the guy has a past worth investigating. Get off my back.

Now, I have noticed on the blog a lot of comments that speak nothing to the issue at hand in my original post.

Examples would be the anonymous comments claiming that the person commenting before them has a preferance for a candidate, and therefor is a staffer of that candidate. I have seen people calling out both Kennedy and Dix supporters recently. This is pointless. There are actual Americans, unpaid by political campaigns that have opinions. Get over it.

Also in the "worthless" category are comments where the only thing achieved is petty name calling, i.e. "Brian Kennedy is an evil Washington lobbyist," or "Bill Dix is a dumb pumpkin farmer." Both widely known and undisputed facts. Stop being childish.

So, I say that from now on all rediculously stupid comments should be put in posts titled "Comments of No Value" which I will post occasionally.

Please keep comments in real posts issue-related.

Thank you,

Scoop

PS - You may notice a deleted comment by me in the post below...it was basically this, but I then decided it was important enough to garner it's own post.

13 Comments:

Anonymous RINO Hunter said...

What about campaigns of no value?

Should we relocate the Mike Whalen campaign to this blog topic?

9:13 AM, March 18, 2006  
Anonymous Mr. Accountability said...

That said, what about candidate "accomplishments" of no value?

Bix Dix's "imigration reform" bill he sponsored on behalf of the Bankers Association thattrips any accountability on behalf of the banks that provide home loan to illegal aliens comes to mind.

9:16 AM, March 18, 2006  
Blogger Maverick said...

Scoop

Good job. Thanks, and keep it up.

Under the "Comments of No Value" should be those posts the other day which took the candidate's name in vain. I found that a little over the top. Also, someone registering as Kennedy or Dix was also out of line.

2:48 PM, March 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And maverick has never EVER said anything out of line *sigh*

12:43 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Maverick said...

I never said that. I am a highly opinionated person.

But I don't appreciate people using either Dix's of Kennedy's name and purporting to be them as they post on this site, or any other site.

I think it's silly.

2:53 PM, March 19, 2006  
Anonymous Slider said...

Silly is an understatemenr.

7:23 AM, March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Slider said...

Shir. Now my r key is producing r's. Shir! not r, R, Awww shir! forger ir...

7:25 AM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Scoop Iowa said...

I too think it is out of line using candidate names as registered commenters. For those who are not regular readers, it could very easily be misunderstood. Good point, Maverick.

8:05 AM, March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Iceman said...

I agree with Maverick too. Although he still tends to leave his wingman from time to time.

4:42 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Maverick said...

Sometimes, you just gotta go solo.

6:54 PM, March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Iceman said...

Thats because YOU'RE DANGEROUS!

8:20 AM, March 21, 2006  
Anonymous Maytag Repairman said...

Does anybody even blog here anymore? I keep checking for new posts and nada.

Its kinda lonely here.

4:44 PM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Infamous Scribbler said...

What's wrong with being a pumpkin farmer? That's more qualification, professional and moral, than most candidates possess. We can all rest assured that most voters pay no attention to this ... and we wonder why.

2:05 PM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home